Organ-on-a-chip network symposium - November
Date: 11 November 2020 Time: 13:30 - 16:00
Keynote speaker: Dr Karl Koehler, Harvard Medical School
Chair: Adrian Biddle, QMUL
- 1.30pm: Abstract presentations (20 mins plus Q&A):
- Arunima Sengupta, ARTORG Organs-on-Chip Technologies, University of Bern, Switzerland, "Modelling chronic lung diseases in a bio-inspired breathing alveolus-on-chip model"
- Asli Akidil, Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences, R&D, AstraZeneca, "Development and application of a bone marrow microphysiological system to inform oncology drug-combination scheduling"
- Haneen Alsehli, Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine, King's College London, "An integrated pipeline for high-throughput screening and profiling of spheroids using simple live image analysis of frame to frame variations"
- 2.30pm: Flash talk (5mins):
Abhinav Bhushan, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, "White/Brown Adipose-Liver Cross Talk Through the Path to Type 2 Diabetes"
- 3pm - Keynote:
Dr Karl Koehler, Harvard Medical School: "Building multi-lineage sensory organoids from stem cells" (45 mins plus Q&A)
Background information: Inspired by the excellent response to online seminars during current events, we have decided to start an online monthly symposia series for the Organ-on-a-Chip Technologies Network, starting in September (via Microsoft Teams). The Network serves the whole of the UK research community and, as such, it would be great to have an online seminar series that is accessible to everyone.
The symposia series include:
a broad focus encompassing all in vitro models research aimed at predicting human biology
a mix of abstract talks and invited high profile speakers in the field
Meetings to take place within core working hours enabling everyone to attend
Talks will not be recorded, to encourage sharing of unpublished data
Publishing abstracts will appear on the OOACT Network website
If you haven't already, please register with the Organ-on-a-Chip Technologies Network where you will receive Network updates including: seminar advertising, registrations and Microsoft Teams invites. There will also be future sandpit events advertised via these updates aimed at forging new collaborations.
Location: Microsoft Teams